- Fixed some typos
- Updated notes in PPT
- Removed some animations to save time explaining
- Added a slide to show what it would look like in class
Link to download PPT (over 40mb): https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1pIqz85kKgzLxXd7YWsksIoPJlTRfATKe/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=114854836620803680252&rtpof=true&sd=true
- No seat or desk arrangement needed
- No materials required (if you want point cards, please see the attached files below)
- Little to no prep is required
For detailed notes on how to play this game, it's all included in the notes section (PPTX file).
- Play in rows
- [OPTIONAL] Have students decide the order in their team (give them about 30 secs). If you want to go straight into it, skip this.
- Go through the table together with the class, have them repeat after you
- [OPTIONAL] To further deepen their understanding on the grammar they’re reviewing, check the Japanese meaning with the class. You can ask the JTE to help you.
- Start with Team #1 to choose a block. They must say the sentence. After they have said the sentence, everyone will repeat after them.
Note: If they’re being indecisive or they feel too much pressure, assist them by pointing out the blocks on the screen. Make sure you say the sentences slowly too. You can also tell the students near them to help them make a sentence.
- Click on the block to see what they get.
- In the last 5 minutes or so, I normally do a lightning round where the class doesn’t repeat after a student. That way, they can get through many blocks.
That's it! :)
Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you!