Christmas story & Race to the North Pole game
An explanation of Santa Claus and Nativity story before playing a quiz game
Submitted by JohnTeacher
December 15, 2021
Estimated time: 50 minutes
1. White boards, markers, and erasers
2. A display screen and a computer
3. Make groups (5 groups)
1. For best results, please use Microsoft PowerPoint - some of the functions don't work if you try it with Google Slides
2. You can copy the sentence card, and then paste it and it should stack on top of the card you paste it on top of. This is helpful because you will want to change the contents of the cards to match whatever your students are learning.
3. My textbook is Here We Go!
Santa Claus (10 minutes)
The first slides explain Santa Claus and his role in Christmas
Christmas vocab (5 minutes)
This is just some vocab.
Nativity story (7 minutes)
Just covers the birthday of Jesus and the shepherds.
And finally, the game. "Race to the North Pole" (30-40 minutes)
There is a slide where students can choose between 6 characters
On the game slide, you can click on the sentence card at the top of the screen to reveal the answer.
You can click on the characters and they will move forward until they reach the beach on the right side of the screen.
After that, there is a "Bonus Time!"
1st person to raise their hand and correctly answer a question you ask gets to choose from the selection until you run out of selections.
Take this opportunity to ask a question appropriate to what your students are learning.
All content is provided under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 License.