FUSHIGIDANE FIGHT !
In this game, the whole class works together to evolve their Fushigidane (bulbasuar) and fight other pokemon !
Submitted by TakoyakiTacos
May 25, 2023
Estimated time: Depends on the activity you are pairing this with. I have finished it in 10 minutes with a quick activity but could theoretically use it for an entire lesson.
This is not an activity in and of itself but a way to encourage your class to complete an activity and work together. Use this game to support your students getting involved and excited for english !
- Depends on the activity you pair with this (but nothing needs to be edited within this game)
- On the main screen, press the pokeball next to the exp bar to add exp chunks.
- Once you get to the yellow 'fight' line, press the "fight" text. This will take you to the first battle.
- Pressing either pokemon will reduce it's health.
- When you have finished the battle, press the pokeball to go back to the main screen.
- Now, your Fushigidane will evolve into Fushigisou.
- Similarly, after defeating the next pokemon, your Fushigisou will evolve into Fushigidana.
- Repeat above until you have defeated the last boss - Gengar.
As I said, this is not a game to play itself. Use this as enouragement. Below is one example of how I might use it:
Put students into groups and give each group a large word search to complete. Every time they find a word they can add an exp block to Fushigidane.
When you get to a pokemon battle, the task changes. One student from each group has to come up to the board and is given a word to write. This word is one of the words in the wordsearch. If they can spell it correctly, they damage the enemy pokemon. If they get it wrong, Fushigidane is damaged.
repeat until the activity is finished.
The above activity is certainly not the only way to utilise this 'game'. Get creative with it :)
- On the main screen, clicking the pokemon will take you to it's victory screen.
- Similarly, on the victory screen, clicking the pokemon will take you back to the main screen.
Let me know if you find any success with this. I managed to use it today with a simple speaking activity for ES grade 5 and they loved it. They were eager to help their classmates who were struggling so that they could evolve the Fushigidane and fight !
All content is provided under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 License.
I like it! Will try and integrate it into a lesson. Thanks.
@ChetBorneo Thanks :) I hope you can !
Is there a defeat screen? I just know one of my classes will deliberately make mistakes to kill off Bulbasaur...
@jason There is not ! Luckily, my ES classes are the types to really want to win at this kind of thing .... next time I will factor in the more sadistict students out there :)