Which Way to Go?
Using classic videogames and one country, practice giving directions to get to the objective
Submitted by Lucasmh
June 8, 2021
Estimated time: 10-15min
- The objective of the game is to have the class practice directional phrases. Each level has a different theme, but all revolve around "turn left" or "turn right", "go straight", or "you can see it on you left/right".
- The game is designed to run of just clicking, fool proof. Run it before hand to get used to when to click for characters to move smoothly
Level 1: Zelda
- The objective is to get Link to the shop to get a bomb and blow up a boulder
- Make sure to ask students "How many blocks?" to keep going. Its good practice
Level 2: Pokemon
- The objective is to get a pokemon to wake up the snorlax so you can progress to level 3
Level 3: Japan
- For this level, I was in Hamamatsu so I used a map from that area. Feel free to guide the Samurai on a map of your choosing
- The first goal is the Family Mart and the second is the Baskin Robins
All content is provided under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 License.