Minecraft English Review
An all purpose points game. Plug in your own grammar points and you are ready to go !
Submitted by TakoyakiTacos
May 19, 2023
Inspired by: Pokemon Classroom Blast
Inspired: Birthday Minecraft English Review
Estimated time: 30 minutes (probably more)
This activity is inspired by (and by that I mean completely and shamelessly ripped off from) Lucasmh's pokemon classroom blast. My students love minecraft so I thought I would re-skin the game for them.
Go through the powerpoint and enter in your own questions/answers.
How to play
- Put students into teams (5 or 6 at the most).
- Janken to decide group order.
- Let a group choose which block (number) they want to answer.
- If the team is unable to answer the question then it is put to the other teams.
- Once the correct answer has been given, reveal what prize is inside of the block.
- Team with the most points at the end is the winner.
- Click the cake in the top right corner to return to the questions screen.
- Let teams have a starting pool of points in case they get a "- points" whilst they still have 0.
- Make sure have diffierent students in the teams answer each time to stop the more advanced students dominating the game.
There really isn't much more to it than that.
I rushed uploading this because it's friday and I want to leave work. I'm pretty sure the animations, slide links etc should be okay... bu please let me know if you find any problems :)
All content is provided under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 License.
Awesome!! I was looking for any game using Mine craft theme and this is just perfect
@kikimappy Hope you get some use out of it ! :)
Nice job, I will be using this for sure. Thanks!
@kusobaba thanks :) hope it goes well for you !
Great stuff!! I only changed the background images so they were different depending how "deep" you dug down.
@Danakco That is what I had planned originally (hence the grass/dirt, stone, obisidan pattern). However, I was doing this on a Friday and I was eager to get out of work on time ;D Glad you managed to switch it up and get some use out of it :D
@takoyakiTacos I thought you might! I am the same, the minute tat clock hits $+20pm on a Friday I am a poof of smoke and a man shaped hole in the wall.