This resource was prepared to review New Horizon 2 Units 0 through 3 with junior high school second-graders.
Place students into groups of four.
With the whole class, briefly review the vowels (a, e, i, o, and u). The vowels have been removed from the sentences. Students work together and use their textbook to rewrite the sentences. (An example is included on the worksheet.)
Hand out one worksheet to each group, face down. Then start. Alternatively, broadcast the pdf to students' tablets to use electronically.
Give students ten minutes to finish the worksheet. Patrol the room; check groups' work as they go and when they finish.
Preferably, conclude with a two-minute plenary to check each sentence.
1. People were looking at the tyrannosaurus.
2. People call it the Singapore Flyer.
3. I see many interesting dishes when I watch TV.
4. I do not eat sushi because I do not like raw fish.
5. We have various things to translate.
6. The progress of AI is changing our lives. Some jobs will disappear, and new ones will appear.