KARAAGE CATCH !
A fun and time flexible points game themed after everyone's favorite conbini fried chicken !
Submitted by TakoyakiTacos
May 26, 2023
Estimated time: 20 minutes at least
I told my elementary students that I loved famichiki and they have been asking for a famichiki-themed game ever since !
Below are the ways that I would use this game however these are not the only ways to use it - get creative with it and apply it any way you want :)
- If using the 'Questions' version then you need to put your own questions and answers in (shouldn't take long).
How to play (elementary version - no questions)
- Put students into their groups and ask the whole class a question.
- Next, ask one student from each group to stand up and give the apporpriate answer.
- Then, once all groups have answered, ask the standing student to pick a set of hands (1 - 4)
- When all groups have chosen a set of hands, play the animation for the falling items.
- Keep track of the scores on the board and team with the most points wins.
How to play (JHS version - Questions)
- Split students into groups and give them a whiteboard and pen.
- Show students the question on the slide and have students write down the answer.
- Once all students have presented an aswer you can then let the groups pick a pair of hands (1-4)
- Play the falling items animation and update the students scores respectively.
- Team with the most points wins.
Now my students can stop asking me for a famichiki game.
All content is provided under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 License.
This is hilarious, I love it.
@jason Glad you like it !
This is brilliant, thank you very much! What an original idea, 10/10.
@nkeyalt Thank you ! I appreciate it :) I actually used it for the first time with my ES students today and they almost brought the roof down !
This has been great fun! Works really great with special needs classes and as a quick blast kinda game with smaller first grade JHS classes. I have added some sound effects to mine including the family mart opening door sound! recommend it!
@Danakco I'm glad that you've found use for it ! Haha, that sounds like a great extra touch !
This is SO FUNNY. Im definitely going to use it!
My 1st graders and special needs students loved this activity! I also like how the points are structured and revealed at the same time, it keeps the momentum going well. Thanks for putting this together!