Pokémon Sugoroku Review Game
A PowerPoint sugoroku game where you go across the map collecting points. The team with the most points is the winner!
Submitted by AariCynward
April 20, 2021
Estimated time: Full class
On the Akita Jet webpage they have a Dragon Quest game, and this is like that, but Pokémon-themed! This game is geared mostly towards JHS/ HS, but it can be used probably for 5/6 ES too. You have to fill in the questions for yourselves; I usually use a mix of vocabulary/ question/ translation
- Split the class into teams (at least three teams, but any number is fine), and decide the order in which the teams will go.
- Each team gets a dice, and then one person on the team rolls the dice. On the PowerPoint, touch the corresponding square.
- The student who rolls the dice then answers the question on that slide. If they get it right, they get however many points are associated with that slide. If they get it wrong or can't answer, a student from a DIFFERENT team can try to answer, and if they get it right they get the points.
- Then the next team/student rolls the dice, and repeat.
- Try to collect as many points as you can for your team! The team with the most points is the winner! There is a bonus question that you don't get points for, but a separate prize of your choice. For this question, anyone can answer. For the boss question, I also let anyone answer. If you're nice, they can work together as a team to answer the final question.
All content is provided under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 License.