Group story/script writing/Completion activity using Adj + (that)
Submitted by BoyNamedCrow
May 6, 2022
Estimated time: 35-45 Minutes
What You'll Need:
How to Use
1. Get students into groups.
2. Quick review of the Adj. + (That) grammar point
3. Inform students that they've been given a choice of three unfinished scripts, one of which they have to complete today! There are three choices, the ghost story, the Kaiju story, and the romance story.
4. In a group, students must fill in the blanks so that the story makes sense (?). All the stories heavily feature the Adj. + (That) grammar point.
5. The last slide has a set of easy examples of adjectives for groups to use. I recommend leaving this up while they complete the activity.
6. (Optional) Could be fun to have the students act out their script, if they complete them in funny or interesting ways.
-Potential for things to go off the rails if groups perhaps get too creative with what they fill in the blanks with. Periodic check ins recommended to make sure everything stays pg-13. None of the stories are too nuts or overtly feature anything inappropriate, but middle schoolers will be middle schoolers.
-Kids found this a little difficult, understandably. I want to make it more like mad libs and include parts of speech.
All content is provided under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 License.