Trick or Treat Quiz Game
A jeopardy / typhoon style quiz game with a Halloween twist!
Submitted by mssamansa
October 6, 2022
Inspired: Where do ghosts live?
Inspired: Halloween Jeopardy
Inspired: Halloween Blast
Inspired: Merry Christmas English Quiz Game
Estimated time: 40-50min
Hey guys, thanks for all the likes! I fixed some issues with the powerpoints (weird fonts and incorrect Japanese haha), and also increased the number of minigames. Also, a fun way I like to run the game is save question 40 (drawing challenge) for last! It's a good way to wrap up game play if you're running out of time. Enjoy!
Happy spooky month, everyone! This is a simple, powerpoint based quiz game with a Halloween theme! The main questions are all general English review, but some of the bonus questions involve Halloween trivia.
Connect your computer/tablet to your classroom display, mark out a place on the board to keep track of points
HOW TO PLAY:
Divide students into groups of 5-6 and have them draw straws to determine play order
Teams take turns choosing a number from the home screen. They then have 30 seconds to answer the question. If they get the question right, they earn points. HOWEVER--some questions lead to a "trick or treat" option. On this screen the students can decide if they want a "treat" (2 points) or a "trick" (challenge question or minigame worth 4+ points).
There are roughly 10 trick or treat options hidden throughout the game. Half of these lead to challenge questions, which are all multiple choice Halloween trivia. The other half lead to minigames which are as follows:
- Zombie Attack: all teams return to zero
- Vampire Battle: play janken with another team, winner steals 3 points
- Candy Bag: +6 points
- Click the number on the home screen to take you to the corresponding question
- After students have answered, click anywhere to reveal the right answer
- Click the ? icon to reveal the points OR trick or treat
- In the case of trick or treat: click the candy icon to reveal the points, or the ghost icon to reveal the challenge question
- Click the home icon to return to the home screen.
- I've attached three versions for the three grade levels. The questions are all content covered in the first 1-5 units of the Here We Go! textbooks. A few of the questions are also specifically about the ALT/JTE so of course feel free to alter anything you like!
All content is provided under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 License.