Super Mario Christmas Blast
A fun Christmas Mario-themed quiz game, where teams battle each other in a test of knowledge! Built off the original Super Mario Typhoon by Alexander Grant.
Submitted by philipawalker
December 4, 2018
Inspired by: Super Mario Typhoon
Inspired: Fortnite Typhoon Game
Estimated time: 30-50 minutes
- Split the class into lunch groups, or about 5-6 teams.
- Teams take turns answering questions, and receive rewards when correct.
- The team with the most coins at the end wins.
- Decide the first team through whatever manner you find appropriate...janken, etc.
- Proceed to the powerpoint page with the blocks numbered 1-48.
- Have the team choose whatever number block they want - in English, of course.
- If they answer correctly, click on Mario to reveal their reward.
- If they answer incorrectly, whichever team raises their hand first may have a guess at the answer. If a team answers correctly, they receive the reward.
- Click on the Home Block button on the bottom right to return to the Questions blocks page.
- Emphasize that the rewards are completely random. They are based on luck, or unmei, or whatever you want to say. A hard question will not necessarily give a lot of points, and an easy question will not necessarily give only a few. Once the class knows this, they will be on the edge of their seats after every question.
- On Slide #3, press forward TWICE to proceed to the next slide.
- Whenever you blast a team's points to 0, make it dramatic...it'll make the kids even more excited.
- Slide #6 contains a NORMAL TIMER. This is the default on most slides.
- Slide #7 contains a FROZEN TIMER. In other words, there is no timer on this slide. The instructions to use this on other slides are written in the Powerpoint.
- Slide #8 contains a Frozen Timer which will thaw and then begin counting down once you click. This is so that you can read instructions first, and once a team has prepared the timer will count down on your command. Again, the instructions to use this on other slides are written in the Powerpoint.
- Slides #9-#11 contain a few sample questions.
Item Reward Guide (Also Included in Powerpoint
- Coins (1-5). These simply add to a team's score
- Blue Icy Shell. The team that receives this gets to pick ONE team to blast down to ZERO POINTS.
- Blue Boss Shell. The team that receives this gets to blast ALL other teams down to ZERO POINTS.
- Bowser. The team that receives this gets their points cut in half!
Files:Large files (these files require an account to download)
All content is provided under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 License.