Super Mario Christmas Blast
A fun Christmas Mario-themed quiz game, where teams battle each other in a test of knowledge! Built off the original Super Mario Typhoon by Alexander Grant.
Submitted by philipawalker
December 4, 2018
Inspired by: Super Mario Typhoon
Inspired: Fortnite Typhoon Game
Inspired: NEW Super Mario Bros. Christmas Blast - (Keynote)
Inspired: Xmas Mario 6年生 Review Game
Inspired: Springtime Classroom Blast
Estimated time: 30-50 minutes
- Split the class into lunch groups, or about 5-6 teams.
- Teams take turns answering questions, and receive rewards when correct.
- The team with the most coins at the end wins.
- Decide the first team through whatever manner you find appropriate...janken, etc.
- Proceed to the powerpoint page with the blocks numbered 1-48.
- Have the team choose whatever number block they want - in English, of course.
- If they answer correctly, click on Mario to reveal their reward.
- If they answer incorrectly, whichever team raises their hand first may have a guess at the answer. If a team answers correctly, they receive the reward.
- Click on the Home Block button on the bottom right to return to the Questions blocks page.
- Emphasize that the rewards are completely random. They are based on luck, or unmei, or whatever you want to say. A hard question will not necessarily give a lot of points, and an easy question will not necessarily give only a few. Once the class knows this, they will be on the edge of their seats after every question.
- On Slide #3, press forward TWICE to proceed to the next slide.
- Whenever you blast a team's points to 0, make it dramatic...it'll make the kids even more excited.
- Slide #6 contains a NORMAL TIMER. This is the default on most slides.
- Slide #7 contains a FROZEN TIMER. In other words, there is no timer on this slide. The instructions to use this on other slides are written in the Powerpoint.
- Slide #8 contains a Frozen Timer which will thaw and then begin counting down once you click. This is so that you can read instructions first, and once a team has prepared the timer will count down on your command. Again, the instructions to use this on other slides are written in the Powerpoint.
- Slides #9-#11 contain a few sample questions.
Item Reward Guide (Also Included in Powerpoint
- Coins (1-5). These simply add to a team's score
- Blue Icy Shell. The team that receives this gets to pick ONE team to blast down to ZERO POINTS.
- Blue Boss Shell. The team that receives this gets to blast ALL other teams down to ZERO POINTS.
- Bowser. The team that receives this gets their points cut in half!
All content is provided under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 License.
Does anyone have any questions already prepared for this, that they would like to share?
My first year students had so much fun with this game! Thank you for sharing!
I used this game for my Grades 5 and 6. They enjoyed it very much! Thank you for making this!
This looks like a lot of fun, I can't wait to try it out with my students! Thank you!