Aimed at students with a lower English ability.
Speaking / Writing focus
Grammar focus: Can you, Do you want to, Which do you like better, Would you rather, Have you ever
- Students check the 5 sets being used in Japanese
- Repeat after the ALT (also check meanings, especially for Set 4 and Set 5 grammar)
- Students have 3 minutes to check off what applies to them
- ALT and OTE demonstrate - each take turns asking questions
- Students ask their partner or small group 3-5 mins
- Students write questions to their ALT using the same grammar points
- Students begin thinking about what Japanese culture they would like to introduce to their ALT.