Whack-o-Mole! 🕳️🔨 (Speaking Pair Activity)
This is a pair speaking game that requires students to make sentences in order to hit their partner's mole. (similar to battleship)
Submitted by unoplusunoistu
April 21, 2023
Estimated time: 15-25 minutes (if you include a writing section, it can take a little longer, see example WS for more info)
Prep Time: 20 mins
Things to do before class:
- Print worksheets (that's pretty much it!)
(I highly suggest putting 2 of the memo WS on one page to save paper!!! See attachment)
TLDR Ver: (For a more detailed explanation, please look at NOTES in the PPTX file)
- Make pairs (a student without a partner will do it with you or the JTE)
- Have students draw their 10 secret moles on their worksheet (The WS with the ★ SYMBOL)
- Do rock, paper, scissors, winner starts first
- To hit the mole, player A must make a sentence
- If Player A successfully hits Player B’s mole, Player B says “OH MY GOD!”
- If Player A misses, Player B says “MISS!”
- On the memo sheet, they can keep track of where all the moles are (The WS with the ❤ SYMBOL)
- Both players take turns in making a sentence and try to hit as many moles as they can
- [OPTIONAL] In the last 5 or so minutes, you can include a challenge section at the bottom of the worksheet to have them practice writing some sentences using the target grammar point
That’s it! 😊
Please do not hesitate to give me any feedback on how to make this game better.
All content is provided under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 License.
Final is disappointingly 2-3mb too big for free accounts to download. This looks super fun though.
@Fore772, no worries!
Here's google drive link to the file! :)